Urology Community
UTI? itchy urethra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

UTI? itchy urethra

I am a 22 y.o. female and i got STD checked in January. I recently got a new partner and we have not had unprotected sex, but our sex is pretty rough and occurs often.

A couple days ago i noticed blood when i wiped after urinating, but my urine looked rather normal. I was peeing frequently but I had a couple beers and attributed it to that. I did not have sex that day so it seemed unusual.The next day, the pee occured just as frequently, peeing around 6-10 more than usual, and often i'd have to run to the bathroom only to discover very little came out, and after i was almost done emptying my bladder I would feel a sharp pain in my pelvic region, but it would not hurt while peeing.

Today, as this is now the third day of what i believe to be a UTI, it didnt hurt at all when i peed, and no blood came out, and i peed less often.A couple hours ago, my urethra started to itch, but not really itch its more of an uncomfortable feeling. I went to the store for cranberry juice and noticed my urethra stopped being weird as i walked back, only to discover i could hardly control my bladder and had to rush to the toilet, a split second from pissing all over myself. Of course, hardly anything came out anyway but blood was there again.

Now its seemed to sparked back up, in the past 3 hours i've had around 4 false alarms for urination. Does this sound like an STD or is this definitely a UTI? I was fairly certain it is a UTI until my urethra started being weird, i couldn't find anything on whether or not UTIs make urethras feel super bizarre. it feels weird only at the opening, not inside or anything. Its not really bothering me anymore either.
im also really paranoid about stds, always, and i always use condoms, and i use them correctly.

im uninsured, which is why im on here, but i will get checked out in the next couple days. i just want peace of mind and an explanation for why my urethra was being weird for like 3-4 hours and not anymore
    Thanks for writing in. The symptoms that you mentioned like blood in urine, discomfort while passing urine and frequent urge to pass urine are common with UTI and can also occur due to STD. In case of UTI a course of antibiotics will be enough.Did you ever have these symptoms before? Since how long are you using condoms?

UTI can not only be caused because of microorganisms, but also due to radiation, chemicals and certain drugs. There is a chance that condoms can cause mechanical irritation to the vagina and urethra, there by causing the above symptoms. Also there is a chance of a minor trauma during rough sex.

I would suggest that you get a complete urine examination, STD check, physical examination by a urologist to confirm with diagnosis. Drink plenty of water.
All the best.