Urology Expert Forum
Ulcer or open sore on penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ulcer or open sore on penis

Hi,
  I am a 21 year old male, and am concerned about what i think was an ulcer on my penis about 5 years ago.  I was in high school at the time and had not engaged in sexual intercourse. I had fooled around with one girl, who was also a virgin, but we didn't have sex.  One day i noticed what i thought was a pimple on my penis shaft, but it got bigger and formed an ulcer.  It didn't hurt and it went away after a few weeks and i forgot about it.  Nothing ever happened after that and i didn't think anything of it because i was not sexually active.  
  Recently, about 5 years later i have thought about it and i am really scared that somehow i could have an STD, even though i got this ulcer without having sex.  It sounds like the primary stage of syphillis (syphilis), i never had a rash on my body that is seen in secondary syphillis (syphilis) however.  I am now worried that it could be in a late stage and i could have serious effects.  
  I am now in a serious relationship, and have been for a few years.  I am sexually active, and i have had unprotected sex a few times. We were both virgins when we started dating.
  Is there anything else that could have caused what i believe to be an ulcer on my penis? I am scared that i have something serious that could be causing problems in my body.  Can you get an ulcer on the penis without sexual intercourse?  
Please help, Thank you!
Cman