Urology Expert Forum
Undecended Testicals
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Undecended Testicals

Hi I am 19 and going to be 20 very soon.  I have undecended testicals.  I think I had undecended testicals all my life.  I am also woundering why previous exams when I was younger did not detect them and why nothing was done.  Is there any way they will decend down without surgery or I can manipulate them down.  I can not feel them anywhere in the groin or anything.  I know I have been examined down there before and I am just wonfering why nothing was done or said.  I want my testicals decended, but I don't want to have surgery, and I can't afford it. can you help me.  Plus I have a hernia which goes down into the scrotum.  could this also be the reason why they are not decending. Please help  
Related Discussions

Dear Brian,
I think you need to be seen by a urologist relatively soon such that you can be evaluated by somebody who knows how to handle the situation.  This is not an emergency but an urgency that you are seen.  If you truly have had undescended testicles all your life and you are developing  or have developed normally, you should strongly consider surgery because you are at a higher risk for testicular cancer.  The fact that the testicles are not able to be examined by physical exam is concerning and you may need radiologic imaging studies,(ultrasound,MRI).  It may also be a good idea to have a blood test sent off for the markers of testicular cancer.(AFP,LDH, betaHCG)
I don
0 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, My son & Possible undecended testicles was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker