Urology Expert Forum
Underdeveloped genitals
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Underdeveloped genitals

After reading some related topics, it sounds like i might have some form of Klinefelter Syndrome or Hypogonadism.  The only thing i am confused is that i dont have any of the problems that are associated with those two areas.  I have muscle, body and facia hair, I have had a normal growth spurt (in my late teens). My genitals are the only area that didn't develop with the rest of my body.  I am perfectly healthy in every way.  Except that i am 25 years old.  Is there some sort of treatment to get my genitals to catch up with the rest of my body without tons of side effects or am i just going to have to live with it?  Hopefully you have some answers.  Thank-you
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
It is difficult to give a concrete diagnosis without evaluation.

Various endocrine causes can explain this, specifically inadequate gonadal steroid secretion - Klienfelter's Syndrome among the causes, along with hypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, or hyperprolactinemia.

If there is evidence of a testicular mass on physical exam, this should be followed up with an ultrasound.  A head MRI can be considered if an intracranial process is suspected.

Blood testing a should include a complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, liver function tests, random measurements of serum LH and FSH, together with testosterone.

You can consider an evaluate with an endocrinologist.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, underdeveloped genitals was started.
Blank
A related discussion, underdeveloped genitals in 12 year old boy was started.
Blank
A related discussion, under developed testicles was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker