Undescended Testis in Inguinal Canal
I am 35 years male. Recently during the physical checkup, the doctor detected that I have a problem of undescended testis in inguinal canal. I was not aware of this earlier. What is the best way to proceed now? Will surgically removing it help reduce the chances of testical cancer? How long is this procedure and whats the receovery time

Are both your testes undescended or only one?
Incase of one normal testes, orchidectomy (removal of the undescended testes) can be done as that  testes cannot produce spermatozoa and have a significant risk of malignant change. If the other testes is normal, then you can have a normal sexual and a reproductive life. You should discuss with your doctor about your condition who can then help you by planning the best course of treatment for you.
Surgical removal of testes is called Orchiectomy which is usually done under regional anesthesia. It is usually an outpatient procedure and the patients can be discharged the same day. Post operatively, you need to take some precautions such as drinking extra fluids, avoiding vigorous exercise, supporting the scrotum for first two weeks , avoiding heavy lifting etc. Your doctor can tell more about your specific procedure which can vary from person to person.
You can refer to an informative article on the management of such cases (https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/2431/1/is04039.pdf)

Do write if you need more information.
Regards

Dr. A friend has been detected with the same condition,he of late discovered bilateral undescended smaller testes in inguinal canal when testing for fertility issues.His semen sample shows azoospermia and significant number of pus cells ( 20 million / ml)in semen.What is the best option for him for a healthy life hereafter and also is it still possible for him to be father ?