Urology Community
Undiagnosable bladder condition
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Undiagnosable bladder condition

I am a 25 year old female who is suffering from all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection without an infection.

I have a burning sensation on passing urine
Needing to pass urine frequently
Having the sensation of needing to pass urine frequently but unable to do so
In order to pass urine I have the squeeze and clench my pelvic muscles
Pain and pressure after urination with the sensation that I need to urinate again
Painful Intercourse
I also have to get up to void several times during the night

In the year of 2008 I have seen several urologists and urogynecologists (45 appoints with 13 different doctors). The day before yesterday my urine culture came back negative. I had a pelvic CatScan which came back normal. My cystoscope and ultrasound were normal. I am currently taking Detrol for overactive bladder, however I do not feel a difference with this medication. My gynecologist had my draw blood for a PCOS blood panel and it came back normal expect for elevated levels of testosterone. I am scheduled to see an endocrinologist next month.

No one has diagnosed me with overactive bladder or Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome. Intercourse is also very painful, it seems to only exacerbate my condition.

I have been suffering from pain, pressure and frequency for almost 2 years. I would like help in treating my unknown condition so I can live a normal life again.  

Things I have tried: acupuncture, polarity therapy, affirmations, Young Living Essential Oils, massage, D-Mannose, Cranberry Juice (no added sugar), supplements, probiotics, Prosed, Pyridium, daily exercise, botanical tinctures and food elimination diets (no caffeine, no sugar, no gluten, no processed foods and no meat.) I have fasted and done a sea salt cleanse.

If anyone has any ideas on a diagnosis please be kind enough to share them with me. Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar f tn

'Not everyone with a UTI develops recognizable signs and symptoms, but most people have some. These can include: A strong, persistent urge to urinate, A burning sensation when urinating, Passing frequent, small amounts of urine, Blood in the urine (hematuria) or cloudy, strong-smelling urine'

'UTIs can be painful, but you can take steps to ease your discomfort until antibiotics clear the infection. Follow these tips: Drink plenty of fluids. Drinking plenty of water dilutes your urine and may help flush out bacteria. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices and caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can
irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate.
Use a heating pad. Sometimes a heating pad placed over the abdomen can help minimize feelings of bladder pressure or pain.'


'If you have recurrent UTIs, your doctor may recommend a longer course of antibiotic treatment or a self-treatment program with short courses of antibiotics at the outset of your urinary symptoms.'


If you have symptoms of a urinary infection, contact your doctor promptly. If your doctor suspects you have a UTI, he or she may ask you to turn in a urine sample to determine if pus, red blood cells or bacteria are present in your urine.

Let us know if you need any other information.

489228 tn?1291535054

YOu say no one has diagnosed you with Interstitial Cystitis yet your symptoms
are very much typical to an ICer.  How did they rule it out, or have they just
put that name to it?

It is very likely that you have Interstitial Cystitis, If your symptoms continue even
when your on an antibiotics and there are no infection signs then I would consider
IC.  Feel free to pm me (send me a message) and I will send you some links on Interstitial Cystitis.

I Have IC and am an IC support group leader with MOARK IC here in Missouri and Arkansas.  I think you should visit a doctor that treats IC>!!

Hang in there
Avatar f tn
Try drinking tea that has fennel seed in it. I am on a product in Canada called Florivit for Iron Deficient Anemia. It has Fennel seed, Vitamin B, Iron , rosehip, Chamomile flower,spinich leaf and absorbic acid in it.

I have extreem urethra pain due to unknown causes.

Due to Iron defficientcy i am drinking this tincture 4 times a day and it helps take my extreem bladder and urethra pain away. I researched the ingredients and found Fennel Seed to be used for bladder spasms.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources