Urology Community
Undissolved Stitches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Undissolved Stitches

I had a hysterectomy and bladder repair surgery last April 28th. I never had much problem with pain from the hysterectomy, but the bladder sling is driving me crazy. I have a stitch about 2 to 3 inches on the front side of my vaginal wall that still hasn't dissolved and causes me great discomfort. I had my doctor look at it and he told me to give it a full 6 months. I did, and nothing changed. I went back and he said that it had gone too far under the skin surface to clip it now, which is what I wanted him to do in the first place, and that he could give me some cream to help it. The cream is called Estres and the only thing it did was make me cramp severely. I don't know what to do. I feel like my doctor isn't listening and isn't taking my pain seriously. I can't have sex with m.y husband and when we do try I don't enjoy it because it's always rubbing that stitch. I am at a point where I just want my husband to hold the the tissue back while I clip it myself. I am so frustrated in  not knowing where or who to turn to I want to cry.