Urology Community
Ureaplasma parvum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Ureaplasma parvum

I had Ureaplasma parvum test in March. The test result was positive (7.5) and I had Dalacin 300mg twice per day (for 8 days), Ortsipol 500mg twice per day (for 5 days), Fluconazole 50mg twice per day (for 7 days) and Poly G1. And then I had the test again today. The result shows that it is increased to (13). My doctor said that it is very serious and might cause infertile.  

Can you please advise if it can be treated? How serious is it? What are the complications? What can I do to keep the treatment effective?
thank you,

Pagma
Hey Pagma!

If the primary medications have not been helpful, an in vitro-culture and sensitivity to test for antibiotic susceptibility may be done and the antibiotic therapy modified accordingly. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hello Doctor Kaul,

Thank you very much for your advise.

I will discuss with my doctor to have antibiotic susceptibility test. Do I need to have the test after my Menstruation period or before?

Regards,
Pagma