Ureteral Stent
Hi...

My wife had her kidney stone Lasered/fragmented this Thursday....She has a stent since then and is going through immense pain when she goes to the restroom...She is taking constant medication ( antibiotics/vicodine) and trying to drink around 2 liters of fluids. She is very very scared of the stent, its possible dislocation/complications and the extreme pain it is causing her...I think the doctor is planning to remove the stent next Tuesday

Could you please provide any suggestions on how to help lower her pain and how to live with the stent for the next few days ?

There is a thread/string attached to the end of the stent...Will there be lot of pain during the stent removal and afterwards ?

Thanks/Regards...I really really appreciate
hi,
yesterday 9/3/09 i had a cystoscopy with laser destruction and stent with string inserted.    i will have the stent in a few more days.     being that this is my third time with a stent i can tell you what you're feeling is normal.    i'm also in excruciating pain especially when i urinate to the point of screaming.      the removal does not hurt at all.   don't worry about that.
Hi there,

I've recently had a cystoscopy with laser destruction of some kidney stones to my left kidney. I wasn't warned about the severe pain that came to me after the operation. They gave me morphine to numb the pain whilst in hospital but nothing to come home with so it was very sore indeed in my left side and back also the pain when I urinated was quite severe aswell. The bleeding took 4 days to stop.I had the stent removed today at my local Doctors surgery at my request to save all the travelling & waiting time at Southampton Hospital.
My only regret in all this is that I should have waited a little longer before I went ahead with this very painful procedure and give my body more time to dissolve these stones naturally as I originally had 9 stones 3 months ago then 1 week before my op I had a scan that showed up 5 stones but when they went into my kidney they only found two left.