Urology Community
Ureteral stone passed, symptoms still there!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Please help!

I will try to keep this as simple as possible.

3 months ago I felt an urgency to urinate, after x-ray, ultra-sound and finally a CT scan a ureteral stone was found in the left ureter (also a stone in right kidney), 2 x ESWL were unsuccessful so finally removal came via ureteroscopy. After a week everything was fine and back to normal then another 2 weeks passed and I felt an irritation coming back so I visited the Doctor. He prescribed some anti-biotics and we also decided to blast the right kidney stone with ESWL which was carried out 2 weeks ago, after one week the need to urinate was back and after an x-ray it appeared the stone had become stuck in the ureter again (around 3mm stone)!

So today I have had an IVP and was booked for ESWL to finally zap it, however the IVP has come back clear with no sign of the stone in the ureter yet I am experiencing discomfort and frequent need to urinate still.

I am so tired with all this and today the doctor said all is clear so it may now be in my head :-/ Although one week ago the stone was in the ureter! Would I have noticed a 3mm stone passing or could it have passed without my knowledge? Could this be residual irritation from stone passing? Or could the stone be stuck somewhere else?

I am really at my wits end with it all, tired and frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

C