Urology Community
Urethra discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urethra discomfort

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I am 24 year old, female. For the past year and a half I've been dealing with UTIs, really bad ones. Blood is always visible in my urine, even to the naked eye. I've been put on Cipro multiple times. This past Tuesday I woke up with that pressure pain in my pelvic area, blood in the urine and the urgency of peeing. I went to the doctor where they took a urine sample, test came back clean, except a lot of blood in the urine. My nurse practitioner said she was sending my urine for a urine culture. Test results came back negative. My nurse practitioner and my doctor want me to take a pap smear, test for STDs, cervix exam and what not. The discomfort doesn't go away. I still feel like I need to pee every 10 minutes. If my bladder is empty the discomfort gets bad, if it's too full the same feeling. If I drink too much water all at once, it makes me pee more frequent and it turns back to a little blood in the urine. I am tired of this problem. I honestly don't know what else to do. I do everything the doctors tell me. My UTIs come from anything, from sexual intercourse or not. I drink plenty of water, I drink no sugar drinks, I don't smoke, I don't drink. I have a normal diet. I stopped exercising since the discomfort really bothers me.. Anyone has an idea of what might be going on?