Urology Community
Urethra pain, swollen penis tip (meatus), prostatitis? Pelvic pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am a 23 years old man. I hope my English is understandably.

Please read my message about my pain, can you tell me, if this is the same symptoms as you had experienced. It dosent sound like real prostatitis symptoms, because i dont have frequent urination and I have this highlighted/swollen penis tip. Most in the morning or after masturbating (very swollen  )

I would first do my disease process clear to you, then describe the symptoms as those are experienced: I have now for over 1 year had pain comparable, to those described as Chronic pelvic pain/prostatitis. Sometimes it's so unbearable that i just cry like a litle baby girl. I have kept a half year break from my university, because of this disease.

It started by me in a period of very sedentary work, sudden (within 1-2 days) experienced severe pain below the penis (just where the testicles are) and along with the penis (if I pressed on the urethra/"corpus spongiosum") Every time I changed position from seated to lying in bed, to go, do fitness or just touched the area, stood or sat down or crossed my legs it would feel like electric shock was send into the penis, it was crazy (ONLY lasting the seconds it tooks to shift position SO that was like 40-50 times a day) Fortunately eased this pain in its strength, I would say if it was 10 on a scale, it has now assumed a chronic phase I would describe as 3-4. Which has lasted the last 3 month.

Have done cytoscopi, scans of the penis and bladder, 4-5 test for all STDs, over 50 tests for inflammation (have a home kit) and 4 test for inflammation at the doctor (the last 3 month), ALL negative. Been studied by prostate massage. And have a total of 18 visits from 6 doctors, including my brother. Medicine tested: Alfusozin, antibiotics (tetracycline) haven't worked for me.

One of the doctors have recently commented my penis head, which is clearly red and swollen and has been since onset of symptoms. The red and swollen meatus (penis tip) seems not to be related to chronic pelvic pain (or prostatitis) from what I've read, for example from Wise Anderson.

These are my symptoms:

- When I pee, there's a bit irritation inside the urethra. I must "milking" and shaking the penis, 10-20 times, after I urinated. But it is never enough. The urine is still inside the urethra, when I leave the toilet. Sometimes it can be "triggered" when I sit down or move around in different positions. The feeling of urin in my urethra is very unpleasant, maybe one of the worst in my condition.

- My panties are always wet after I have urinated.

- The penis tip is red and clearly highlighted, swollen, (as a red mouth with two lips), sometimes 1 millimeter high.and very sensitive.

- Muscle "spasms" often most marked just below the testicles and the closest to the rectum. The rectum can also sometimes spasm a bit. In fact my penis also spasm like + 20 times a day, when I am sitting and relaxing, it

- Pain during sex along the underside. And when sperm release: Directly unbearable contractions in the muscle below the penis (possibly prostate)

- Reduced urine flow

- Pain along the urethra (the outside of the penis as if it is hyper-sensitive) When I press on the urethra it is making it worse.

- Pain in the rectum, inside, as if you have hemorrhoids, or cuts high in the rectum (Well maybe it is prostate?)

- Pain in the penis, largely located everywhere, primarily along the "shaft" and sometimes a throbbing pain in the penis head as I pounded on it with a stone.

- Pain in the penis tip when I hit it but also just generally electrical sensations in the penis tip.

Hope to hear from any of you  

Hi, That happened to me around 7 years ago from wearing a cup in a baseball game...my penis became very irritated because of rubbing up against the cup material. I do not know what to tell you except go to a urologist/dermatologist asap...i was very young when this happened to me and did nothing about it until like 4 years ago, by then the swelling and redness had gone down somewhat and the doc told me to just put some hydrocortisone on it, which did nothing..now Its getting pretty much healed, except it does get red and puffy still after ejaculation, and my urine flow is messed up for some reason, i have to hole the tip of my penis to urinate in a straight line.
i have the same issue pain in penis in scrotum some times the pain could be a 10 or a low 3. i get pain in penius head once in a while. i get the same feeling in the anus area sometime, but haven't  got any redness of the meatus,but does  accosonally  itch from time to time ive been to  the urologist twice and gp a # of times  ct scan, blood work , hiv , and std test all ok. i also get pelvic pain once in a while im so fed up with this cant take the awful itch i get. the symptoms gone and go through the day i haven't felt the pain at the 10 level in a week but it scars me that it will get to that level again. the urologist says i have prostate irritation. so stay away from alcohol and spices which ive been doing. hopefully it goes away soon but for now its been such a life changer. oh yea he checked my prostate and said its ok, he also offered to check the inside of penis but said he was sure he wasnt going to find anything. so i said never mind after he is the specialist,but im starting to regret it ill probably give in and make another appointment to get cytospi done.
i have had (and sometimes have) same conditions ... including this redness on tip of the penis and sometimes swollen meatus and additional testicle-pain. Have done all urological-tests.
Finally have had some success ... so that symptoms are down to 0%-10% (mostly next to nothing) for now eight month. But this is a longer story.
If anybody would like to talk about this miserable condition i would be appreciated. Suffering is not so hard if you have somebody in same situation with whom you can talk about. Maybe i can give some hints.

Hope to get any responds. Just send me a message or email.

Jan
Hello, I have had the same basic symptoms for quite some time - over 2 years. I first went to my doctor complaining of prostate pain and was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis. I was given a 120 day course of Cipro, which seemed to have little effect. After the Cipro I started to have sensitivity and rash on my scrotum similar to a yeast infection, which I had experienced on my penis before when my wife had one. I went back to the doctor and was referred to a urologist. I explained all of this to the urologist and passed all of the fluid testing for STDs and microbes. I was then given a digital exam where excessive pressure was put on the prostate and caused instant pain. The urologist told me to sit on a donut, take 2400mg of ibuprofen a day, and watch my intake of common irritants (spicy foods, alcohol, etc). This is an unacceptable treatment for a long term solution because I still have the symtoms (symptoms), including the red, swollen penis just like your posted photos. My most recent doctors visit ordered a testicular ultrasound. I also have an itchy, irritated anus but this could be unrelated. Any ideas - I am very interested in sharing thoughts. Thanks, Mr.M

It can be just as simple as irritation of the urinary meatus, however it is likely that you have an infection of the urethra. With you being from Denmark, I assume that you are uncircumcised as this is the norm in Europe. I'm an ex Dutchman and am uncircumcised as well. Given the fact that one still has a foreskin makes the possibility of irritation from contact with the urinary meatus is very rare almost impossible. In my case this resulted from having had a catheter in which was chaving in the urethra and meatus.

In one case I did come down with an infection of the urethra following a cystoscopy (procedure where they pass a scope into the penis to look at the urethra and bladder). My family doctor at the time prescribed some antibiotics and after about 2 weeks things started to clear up.

All the best.

Ron
You have a very stubborn and up until 1990's very uncommon in men diesease; it is called Candiasis.  Yes my friend it is the bacteria that very commonly affects women, but now apparently is attacking us men really hard, the bacteria is called CANDIDA ALBICANS. Memorize the name of your enemy because I have just identified it for you.  Candiasis in the penis used to be very rare, but now the forums on the internet are flooded with guys just like you and me with the same problem, (Swollen tip of penis, or red inflamed tip of urethra).  I am going to give you a little bit of background on what you are up against, so you can start the battle against Candida, the battle will eventually turn into a war because Candida is very very persistent, and the key to defeating it and pushing it out of your body will be whether you are more persistent than it.  Candida makes their nest in you gut, your flora is their base, and from there they start attacking everything in your body, therefore making it not and STD, but a disease that affects all your body, the symptoms can show anywhere, or nowhere, the symptoms just happened to show up in your penis, but they could have shown up in your eyes, (blury vision) brain (lack of concentration, or memory) Mouth (Thrush) etc... or they wouldn't have shown anywhere in your body, and you would have lived your life with Candiasis without even knowing it, so the the worst symptom is having no symptoms, because you have an enemy destroying you from within and you don't even know it.  Doctors are not even taught about candida in medical schools, at least in Canada, USA, and Mexico, they call it a fungus, and treat it with creams, and pills.  Creams hide the symptoms, is like putting a pillow on top of **** and going to sleep in it.  Pills actually help candida because they kill all the good bacteria in your body and leave the candida all by itself in your gut, to grow without limits. The only way to get rid of candida is to go on a very serious diet and cleansing, that will last months, the diet will completely change your eating habits so much that will completely prevent you from eating junk food for a long time if not for the rest of your life, this will in turn, reduce your trips to the doctor almost to none, which in turn will decrease the amount of prescriptions doctors give out, which will turn into less profits for the medical and pharmaceutical establishment. This is why the medical community knows that there is no medicine that will completely get rid of Candida and they don't even touch it with a 10 foot pole.  
My friend candida lives in your gut, and the only way to get rid of it is by your diet, it will be a war, I had the exact same problem you describe, however I didn't take as many medications like you did because I found out what it was earlier, my diet lasted two months, at which times I was about to give up because of no improvement, but I kept it going because I had a small feeling of faith that what I was doing was right, and finally after two months of almost eating nothing but vegetables, my penis started to look normal, the redness went away, the swollen penis was cured, it was a feeling of victory! I kept the diet going for another 6 months for fear of getting the freaking candida again, and until now, I rarely eat junk food because of the terrible feeling that if candida ever makes its home in my gut it will be stronger than when I had it.  Good luck!

Edgar

Edgar
I have the exact same symptoms as you described? With no hope...Does it ever go away? It is seriously effecting my life.
I am also having the same issues. Please, has anyone found anything out? I've been fighting with this issue ever since experimenting with male chastity. If there's anyone else brave enough to state that was the same cause, I'm very very curious to know what's going on.
I too am interested in sharing thoughts on this, please email me at ***@**** maybe we can figure out what's caused this problem, I have pain in my right flank, swollean meatus, pain in urethra, stinging pain occasionally from prostate, I am 100 times better than 6 months ago after I fixed my dietary intake... but I am still not 100% healed, currently I am eating garlic twice in the morning and twice in the evening with 5 pills 140mg of cranberry pills per day, and it's not going away...it seems to affect it... and then it comes back... I think it could be worms? vermox seems to affect it slightly.
rbaker765 at gmail
SOLVED after 2 years. I'm a lebanese national, i struggled with this so much. I was in contact with a woman who's little sister ate from the same plate as us (pomegranates)...maybe this is how I got the problem, but I had sexual contact with the woman and then things went downhill.

Please read this CAREFULLY. it is MY SOLUTION, i don't guarantee it to work, but it worked for me. I got rid of the swollen meatus problem, my pain in my side is GONE. This is not candida, it is not pelvic pain syndrome, it is not reiters syndrome, it is none of these things. all my tests came back negative, even my thyroids and ESR.

Firstly, my parents are both medical doctors, so they helped me figure this out through trial and error.

1) PINWORMS can live in female's vaginas and spread throughout, it is a very common thing that many people pass on from human to human.
to treat this, I ate a large garlic clove twice a day for over two weeks
I smeared garlic paste around my anus
I ate a pineapple a day
I took ovex 100mg x 2 per day, in two three week courses 2 weeks apart (i didnt take too much ovex it can cause internal bleeding)
I also ate 200grams of pumpkin seeds daily
meatus has gone down to normal, pain in urethra is gone, tingling in anus is gone, pain in prostate has gone, pain in side is gone.
I tested for pinworms POSITIVE with some cellotape / stool test.

This is the best thing on the planet, to feel better, PINWORMS are very hard to treat, as their eggs can go airborne and generally reside throughout the house, there are some frightening posts of people with pinworms for 8 years, and they are stuck in this cycle and cannot get better.

I'm a new man. :D my email's the same above rbaker 765 at gmail if you need any guidance or help on this matter email me for info.
good luck gentlemen.
ps: don't forget to smear garlic paste around your anus, this is key to isolating the problem.
Anyone ever solve this problem? Would be curious to hear any solutions that people have found.
solution 2:

Celery + orange juice 1 litre + cranberries + 5 cloves of garlic in a blender, mix. drink (equivalent of one full blender). This alleviated my symptoms to a stage where my meatus is no longer swollen and I got my libido back.
Does any one else think all these symptoms are linked with anxiety and stress? Has everyone been going through anything that could cause this to be related? I think all of the sporadic suggestions seem to have no real conclusion. One minutes its HPV, the other its prostatits and next its cancer. People who I have spoken to about this seem to have one thing in common, and thats stress and anxiety. I am wondering if that is the problem in all of this?
no.
This is a hidden form of chlamydia.