Urology Community
Urethral Insertion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urethral Insertion

Here's an out there question, which may or may not be met with disgust, but which adresses a possible medical issue, so I at least ask you to put aside any judgement and look at the medical side of the condition:

There's an (uncommon) sexual practice called urethral insertion, where a medical device none as a sound is inserted into the male urethra. The practice is safe (?) as long as the sound is perfectly rounded and sterilized prior to use.

I used a straight piece of stainless steel which was not perfectly rounded at the end recently, and, while not contiminated by any means was probably not well sterilized. I realize this is massively idiotic. There has been irritation persisting for the past 2 days, and my suspicion is that it is something relatively minor that will clear up by itself (it has been improving). My question is what are possible health risks and if it is necessary for me to address a doctor about this, which (for obvious reasons) I am reluctant though not unwilling to do.

Inserting any alien object into the body always puts you at risk for infection.  Urethral masturbation or sounding is especially dangerous because you are dealing with a very delicate part of the body.  The urethra is highly sensitive and can tear easily.  It is possible that you are experiencing discomfort, due to a self afflicted urethral abrasion, due to the fact that you chose to use a devise which was not ideal.  I would suggest that for the time being, you stop inserting things in your penis, to allow it to heal.  If the pain continues, I would make and appointment with a urologist to make sure that you haven’t done any serious damage.  I wouldn’t worry so much about what the doctor thought about it and more about your health.
"I would suggest that for the time being, you stop inserting things in your penis, to allow it to heal.  If the pain continues, I would make and appointment with a urologist to make sure that you haven’t done any serious damage.  I wouldn’t worry so much about what the doctor thought about it and more about your health. "

That was pretty much my strategy for the next few days.

"I wouldn’t worry so much about what the doctor thought about it and more about your health."

Agreed.

Thanks alot for the response.
It appears to have moved from moderate pain to mild irration.
good to hear!  i hope you're back to 100% soon.
If an expert cares to comment:

What would be the likelihood of stricture from something like this?

It is idiotic....though i tried it too for few times.......i used some stuffs that were not sterelized but no sharp edges. My problem is that once i inserted a kind of grass with smooth surface. Needless to say i inserted it a long way maybe 10 cms. I really felt idiotic and left the practice. Few days later i got urinal infection. After taking medicines for infection my irritation stopped. But later i started having pain in my right abdomen below naval. It has been a year since i did that stupid act. Though the pain was not prominent and very minor i ignored it. Recently i started having pain in my left side of the tuberclues also. Its not always there but sometimes it becomes severe. I need help as i can't dicuss these problems at my home....