Urethral Irritation/burning
Four weeks ago I began experiencing irritation and sever burning in my urinary tract. I went to a doctor, and they of course thought it might be an std. They gave me a 'cocktail' of antibiotics, as well as running urinalysis and blood test. A few days later it got very extreme, painful and burning. I went back to see the Dr and he had the test back... normal. They also prescribed Ciprofloxacin, which I took for 10 days, with no change. They sent me for more blood work and urine test, including PSA, which all came back normal.

I then went to see an Urologist who just thought I must have an std and prescribed me Doxycycline for 14 days. As well as swabs from inside the penis. The only thing that gives any relief is Phenazo, and that has stopped being affective.

Extremely uncomfortable. Burning deep within the urinary tract, through to the tip of my penis. There is no discharge, blood, cloudy urine, etc. Everything seems normal, other then the burning in the tract, which is worse after urinating... not during urination.

The Doxycycline didn't seem to be working at all, so I went to see another urologist this morning, referred from GP. He said all test, blood, swabs, urine were normal, but when he checked my prostate it was a little sore and swollen (hard to define, as he hadn't checked it before). He thought there maybe something causing this, perhaps an infection deep in the prostate, which is difficult to check for. He then put a scope up my penis to my bladder, and he said all was normal, though a little inflamed.

He put me on a long-term antibiotic (cipro) for a while, in case it is the prostate that is infected. He said it takes much longer with the prostate for antibiotic reach it and take affect. Or, it could be prostatitis, in which case not much can be done.

Any other suggestions or help would be sincerely appreciated!

I sometimes get this when I haven't drunk enough water during the day.

Try to keep your body hydrated as much as possible. Don't know if that will help. Just from personal experience.
I am drinking about 1.5 to 2.5 liters of water a day.