Urology Community
Urethral Stricture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urethral Stricture

I am in a great deal of pain when I urinate and seem to be 'mystery' as one doctor put it.  I started feeling discomfort/itching in my penis.  As a precaution, I went to Planned Parenthood and had a urine test (still haven't been called with results).  In the meantime, I was given a shot of Rocephin for gonorrhea, and 4 pills for chlamydia on a Friday.  By the weekend's end, I was in still further pain.  I called the doctor back and received a prescription for 4 more pills to treat trichomoniasis on Monday.  I also went to urgent care in hopes to get some pain medication.  I was given another urine test.  The doctor told me he discovered no bacteria or signs of herpes.  He did notice that the tip of my penis was quite inflamed and that there was some dribbling urine so he gave me a prescription to doxycycline hyclate.  I started taking doxycycline hyclate Monday night and it is now the end of Tuesday.  My urination is now being blocked.  It takes a few seconds for urine to break through and when it does the stream is very light.  There is still a lot of burning as well.  I am pretty frustrated and scared.  Does anyone know what the next steps should be?  I don't know if I should keep waiting or visit the ER.
Hi ouch79,

Has anyone looked at the possibility of a stricture of the urethrea??