Urology Community
Urge To Urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urge To Urinate

For the last two weeks I have been suffering with a constant urge to urinate.  The urge manifests itself at the tip of my penis and is sometimes more acute than others.  I believe this may be connected to other symptom that affected me earlier in life.  

When I was in my early twenties I was one day lifting some heavy weights when I felt a sudden pain in my groin area at the base of my penis.  The pain went away after three or four days but a couple of week later I noticed some penal atrophy and wasting.  This continued for around a year or so but eventually it seemed to settled down.  I however was left with a distinct curve in my penis and some reduction in circumference.  On Urologist did diagnose me with Peyronie's disease however I do not have any hard places of skin so I am not so sure about this diagnosis.  I did not have any long term problems and could function normally so I forgot about the problem.  

Unfortunately around 6 months ago I started to have pains in the groin area again.  Also a numbness in my right testicle and right leg.  I am now 37.  This pain came and went so I did not immediately go see the doctor.  However I have now noticed that there seems to have been an increased wasting of the penis.  It feels very light when not erect and also often very cold as if there is not a properly blood circulation.  Also as stated above I have started to get this very unpleasant urge to urinate which really doesn’t stop.

I am going to see a urologist on Monday and I have had a full STD check and have been checked for any urinary infection all came back as negative.  I just wondered what your thoughts were.

Many thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to see your  urologist regarding your symptoms? Aside from infection and Peyronie's, this could also be due to other urological issues such as prostatitis. Aside from infectious issues, prostatitis can also be precipitated by non-infectious issues also.  If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor and have additional tests done. Take care and do keep us posted.