Urology Community
Urge incontinence
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urge incontinence

I've been having a as many would call it weak bladder for about 12 yrs now. I;ve been to a urologist did all the test that is required, including looking into my bladder. After all the blood test and all they still cannot see any thing wrong. The problem is, regardless of whether i drink liquid or not , there is always this urge to urinate. I could urinate this minute within second my bladder feel full.  Sometimes it act up than the normal, is as if the bladder feels irritated. What could actually be the problem?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Do you know how much urine you have left in your bladder after you urinate? The doctor would have given you a number of cc's "post-void residual" or PVR.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but urge of frequent urination can be due to diabetes mellitus. Other possibilities are glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis(inflammation of the kidneys),urinary tract infection, hypercalcemia ,hypokalemia(low potassium),hyperthyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, diuretic drugs and pregnancy(in females).

In my opinion, investigations like urine for pregnancy test, serum HCG levels,kidney functions, blood sugar levels, ultrasound lower abdomen ,intravenous pyelography , thyroid function tests and cystoscopy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis. I sincerely advise you to consult a urologist or nephrologist and get yourself evaluated so that a confirmatory diagnosis can be made.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...