Urology Community
Urge to urinate and Urethra irritation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urge to urinate and Urethra irritation

I'm a 29 year old male. It feels as if there is a small amount of urine or pressure in the the tip of my penis. And it makes it feel as if I have to urinate all the time. Urinating helps for about 2 mins, then the feeling comes back worse. After 30-45 mins the feel lets up slightly but not much. It is not an STD as I've never had sex or sexual contact. This feeling is maybe 1/2" from the tip of the penis. This has been ongoing for 1 month now.

I've been to a Urologist twice. The first time he did a urine test and it came back fine. No UTI or infections. They also scanned my bladder and I am emptying it all. He did a rectal finger exam of my prostate and said if felt fine and of normal size. He thought I may have had kidney stones and told me to wait a week and come back if the symptoms persisted. A week later and I'm back to see him, no relief at all. This time he proscribed an antibiotic to see if it may be an upset prostate. He also suggested ibuprofen.  It's now a week later and still I'm in constant discomfort. The feeling is still very persistent but may have subsided some. But I think I starting to get used to living with this for the past month. I feel lost and hopeless at this point.

I'm hoping the next visit we take some serious steps to figure this out. All my problems feel as if they are coming from my Urethra about an inch from the tip of the penis. I am really starting to feel as if this is a nerve issue. Could this be a caused by the pudendal nerve?
Some days are much worse than others and there seems to be no triggers for the worse days.

Before all this happened, I had a case of constipation a month prior.  Then I noticed I was urinating a bit more than usual. Also at night I would awake as if I'd almost started to urinate on myself but never did. Just a sudden awake to urinate very urgently.

Very sorry for the long post. I'm looking for any info?
Please...I really need help. And any ideas I could run across to my urologist the next visit.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma, ulcers, erosions, growths/ masses, calculi, neuro-muscular causes etc. With infections ruled out, one may have to look at other possible causes. I would suggest seeking a review with your treating urologist for detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!

You have had every test done that you need to. It is all clear.

I think your problems are due to anxiety. Try to relax and forget about it and the situation will improve guaranteed.