Urology Community
Urinary Issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urinary Issues

Hello,

I recently have developed a problem where I have a constant dull ache in my bladder area. It also tends to be painful when emptying bladder. Now I went and bought a tube of 10 parameter test strips and have been getting some weird results. Now the key things are that I have been having a high specific gravity and occasionally (like when I take it to the dr) I will get either blood or a non-hemolyzed trace. My girlfriend recently went through an issue and the dr did a full test screen for std and found nothing, later just settled on a uti and a lingering kidney stone; so I'm assuming it's not an std (I was clean a year ago, and if she's clean I assume the same). Now I've never gotten leukocytes or nitrates positives so I doubt it's a UTI, and I too have had issues with kidney stones in the past but haven't had one for a while. As I've said that when I go to the dr. he seems to think that I'm making it up and that the blood is just due to my kidney stones, but I don't know if that can happen.

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had any symptoms like that or any info on anything that I can try.  Thanks!

PS - My girlfriend gave me some I think it's called AZO and it takes care of the problem temporarily.