Urology Community
Urinary Obstruction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinary Obstruction

I'm a 14 year old female. Lately I have been having trouble urinating. I can never completely empty myself, and I often feel like I still have to go even though nothing comes out. I had an ultrasound for a different problem, and the radiologist mentioned that my bladder was still very full when I was done using the toilet. My regular doctor put me on antibiotics for this two days ago without checking to see if I have an infection, and they haven't done anything yet (but I still have three more days to go - maybe they'll be working by then). I was treated for a urinary tract infection back in December, and the pain went away but the difficulty urinating didn't. Since then I was on antibiotics for strep throat and, as soon as I finished that round, was put on another round of the same antibiotic for an extremely swollen lymph node.

I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do that would make using the bathroom easier. Also, is it possible that all three rounds of antibiotics I was on prior to this one missed some germs and caused the infection to re-occur?