Urology Community
Urinary Problems/Leg Numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinary Problems/Leg Numbness

I am a 34 year old female.  I have been experiencing some unusual symptoms, and I can't seem to get a clear answer as to what is going on.  I started having pain when I urinate.  I thought that perhaps it was a UTI.  I ended up in the ER when the pain in my lower back and abdomen started.  After a urine test revealed no UTI, but trace blood, I was sent for CT and my urine and blood sent to lab.  The CT revealed no kidney stones.  My urine had calcium oxade crystals (sp?) in it and my WBC count was up.  The doctor assumed that I had passed a kidney stone and told me to take it easy.  I have since returned home, and have not felt any relief.  The pain has gotten worse.  Now, when I bend down at the waist, cough, or take a wrong step, my legs go numb.  I can feel a pain in my hips that almost feels like a pinched nerve.  I am still having trouble starting and stopping the flow of urine, as it is very painful.  I am going more frequently, in small amounts, as well.  I can't help but think that the numbness (which is what is concerning me the most right now) is somehow associated with the rest of my symptoms.  I am unsure of which doctor to go to.  I would really love some advice, and your opinion on what it may be that I am dealing with.  I really appreciate the help.  Thanks so much.
Do you have any rash or lession ?

Did you test for herpes before?

WB cell up means your body fight infection...
Avatar n tn
No, no rashes or lesions.  Yes, I have been tested, during both of my pregnancies.  I do not have herpes.  WBC being high does indicate infection in some cases, it can indicate other things, as well.  Inflammatory diseases, anemia, some cancers, and a high level of stress.  So, I am looking at all things at this point.  Thanks for your reply =)
Your legs pain could be a recation from any mdeication?

Did you take any medication ?
Avatar n tn
Yes, I am on medication.  Nothing I have not taken before, and a couple of them I have been taking for months for an unrelated issue.  I am taking percocet now, but I have taken it many times before.  I will look up to see if there is any connection.  Thanks!
Did you take cipro or amoxicillin?
Avatar n tn
Nope, I am allergic to both =)
Me too and I think I got my nerve pain from both.