Urology Community
Urinary Tract Damage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinary Tract Damage

I have urinary tract damage/infection. Actually my urine is bloody and it hurts when i pee. What medication do i need to use?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder.  It would be good to see your doctor for urinalysis and culture of urine to identify the bacteria present.Drinking plenty of fluids could help in the prevention but antibiotics are the first line of treatment. Which drugs are prescribed and for how long depends on your health condition and the type of bacteria found in your urine.

Take care and regards.