Urology Community
Urinary track infection gone but still severe burning pain, urgency and...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinary track infection gone but still severe burning pain, urgency and now right flank pain. Help?

I started having burning and the urgency to urinate all the time. My insurance has this thing called 'Teledoc' were you call and tell the doctor your symptoms and they will prescribe you medication. He was pretty sure i had a UTI so he prescribed Macrobid and pyridium for the burning. After three days of taking the atibiotic, it felt like it was getting worse so i went to my obgyn, gave urine sample but i had taken the pyridium so the test wouldn't really be accurate. From what it showed i had an infection and some blood in my urine, He gave me Cipro to take 2x a day for five days. I finished it and no sign of improvment, also started to have right flank pain. I have a history of multiple kidney stones, had lithotripsy a year ago (it helped), They seem to be genetic so they are recurring. I had a CT scan recently to reveal i have 12 stones in right kidney and 6 in left. I was so shocked. So i went back to my obgyn today because i was still in pain and felt no improvment. I gave a urine sample and it came up clean and no blood in urine! He thinks it could be Urethritis possibly from my infection. I haven't had sex for 3 months and had not had any problems like this until now, so it's not a STD (not sure though) I go back in two days to test for Urethritis. I have an IUD for my endometriosis and i'm scared that it could be Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Not getting to worked up over it though. But i'm wondering if having a kidney stone stuck in my bladder could be causing it to become inflamed and having all the pain of a UTI but also having flank pain?  I'm just so confused. Sorry it's so long. but help would be wonderful!