Urology Expert Forum
Urinary track infection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Urinary track infection

Hello I am a 30 year old woman. I used to suffer from urinary track infections (e-coli) and have been ok with it. It usually does not bother me if I drink alot of water every day. A month ago, I felt a burning, irritation sensation, so I went for an analysis and culture just to check and it turned out that the e-coli had disappeared and the analysis was negative. I went to my gynocologist who did a culture which was also negative. I am still sufferring from that irritation ( on a daily basis ) and not sure what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Related Discussions
509188_tn?1211228331
HI,  it is not uncommon for a UTI to sensitize your urinary tract, so you feel sensations dispite the absence of an infection.  Usually the symptoms resolve spontaneously.   I note that you didn't mention that you were treated with an antibiotic. Dispite the normal culture I would first give you a standard 7 day course of an antibiotic to clear any low grade infection that was present but not picked up in the culture. If you are drinking lots of fluids you can dilute the bacteria out in a culture and it can be falsely negative for infection. Often a drug called pyridium is used to relieve the sensitivity problem after an infection.  If the problem persists it may be an early form of interstitial cystitis, an inflammatory condition of the bladder often triggered by an infection.  See your doctor or a Urologist who cana help you sort out these issues. Good Luck
2 Comments
Blank
3123787_tn?1384184287
A related discussion, Cant pee anymore was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank