Urology Community
Urinary tract infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinary tract infection?

I am wondering if a urinary tract infection would cause a decrease in semen?

I have symptoms of painful urination, (mainly if I hold it in or stop while urinating) and a noticeable decrease in semen over time. I am still undiagnosed at this point, as I had a urinalysis that came back with negative results.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks,

Evan

It is unlikely that a purely unrinary tract infection may cause a decrease in the volume of the semen. However, this may happen if the infection involved part of the seminal tracts. This may also be an indirect result of the infection leading to pain on ejaculation.

In case you suspect that the infection may have spread to the seminal vesicles, you may have to visit a doctor.

Hope this helped