Urology Community
Urinating Blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinating Blood

I've noticed for the past week that I have been urinating what appears to be bloody urine. At first, when I would urinate, the first part of the stream would include what looked like a dried clump of blood. This persisted for a week. Now, in the past week my urine has been getting darker and darker to where it is now a deep, brownish/red color similar to the color of a dark herbal tea. I have no aches or pains anywhere nor do I have any trouble passing the urine. It also does NOT burn to urinate. Everything is normal except for the color.

I am a 28 year old, healthy male with no major medical conditions but I do smoke a pack a day of cigarettes. I do not drink or do drugs at all. The only medication I take is for depression and sleep. I take 200mg/day Zoloft and 200mg/night Trazadone to sleep. This blood in the urine issue has never happened to me in my life and I am somewhat concerned. My father, who lives in another state, is a Urologist. He said I could be trying to pass a kidney stone and given my age that's his opinion. I am posting on here just to get feedback from anyone who's had a similar issue at a young age. Thanks for any help.