Urology Community
Urinating Frequently

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinating Frequently

hi doctor,
the last couple of days I have been urinating frequently.  When this first started I had a little burning sensation and only a small amount of urine, but as of now I am urinating every 30 minutes and and my urine is clear.  I am also urinating in great amounts compared to the small amounts in the beginning.  My urine is not causing me pain however and feels just fine.  It is weird cause I am perfectly healthy and in shape, then all of a sudden I have to constantly use the bathroom.   I am a 19 year old male, and I am sexually active.  
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The urge of frequent urination can be due to diabetes mellitus. Other possibilities are glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis(inflammation of the kidneys),urinary tract infection, hypercalcemia, hypokalemia(low potassium),hyperthyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, diuretic drugs and pregnancy.

In my opinion, investigations like kidney functions, blood sugar levels, ultrasound lower abdomen ,intravenous pyelography , pregnancy blood test, thyroid function tests and cystoscopy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis. I sincerely advise you to consult a urologist or nephrologist and get yourself evaluated so that a confirmatory diagnosis can be made. But firstly try drinking plenty of water because if it is simple UTI, then adequate amount of fluids will flush out the infection.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.