Urology Community
Urinating problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urinating problem

Hi , I am 19 years old. My penis is like burning when I urinate. But the main symptom is It happens when I don't feel any pressure. But when there is pressure, its totally fine. I drink almost 15-20 liters of water a day. I don't drink any alcohol not even soda. I never had sex or kiss. Can u please suggest me, What I should do ?
Avatar dr m tn
This can be due to urinary tract infection. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, passing of blood in urine and even fever. The most common causes of repeated UTIs are kidney stones and diabetes mellitus.

Making a diagnosis of a urinary tract infection includes performing a urinalysis test, which checks for the presence of pus, white blood cells, and bacteria in the urine, which point to a urinary tract infection. A urine culture and sensitivity is usually performed to find the exact microorganism that is causing the infection and to determine the most effective antibiotic to treat it. Your doctor needs to repeat a culture sensitivity test of the urine to prescribe the best possible antibiotic so that the infection does not come back.

Till that time drink plenty of water and fluids to flush out the toxins. If the symptoms persist then consult a urologist and get other causes ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.