Urology Community
Urine worms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urine worms?

Is it possible for a person to have a black worm which somewhat resembles an earwig come out in her urine?  I'm wondering if it happened to have already been in the toilet and just wasn't noticed or there's a problem.  If that is possible, what causes this and what can be done about it?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest that you have your urinalysis taken and a complete blood count also. The presence of parasites my be detected based on the increased levels of eosinophils in the blood (eosinophils are a type of white blood cells). You may also have a kidney, ureter and bladder ultrasound done. At this point, observing your subsequent urine and also making sure that the toilet bowl is clean  prior to urination may be necessary.

Parasitic infections in the urinary as well as genital tracts are possible but they are not fairly common. Unless, you are immunocompromised, or with previous history of travel and exposure to someone with this condition, then a parasitic infection may not be likely.

Do you have any associated signs and symptoms like fever and abdominal pain?
I have something like that too. They keep missing it by testing feces not blood or urine. It only happens when I pee. I've had this for about 2-3 yrs after I had a hystorectomy. I see things move under my skin in arms, legs, & abdomen too. I feel very tired & my abdomen hurts too. I wish they'd figure it out soon.

Lisa
i also had this problem,a small 0.5cm black worms came from urine,no symptoms like fever or abdominal pain.I had Renal stone and ultrasound done..is it possible that the worms cause by Renal Stone?.
i to have been having little tiny worms in my urine.  little clear thin ones and little black thin ones.  shorter than a 1/2/ inch ... abdominal cramping and bloating.  I asked my doctor for treatment and she provided mebendazole, a small chewable pill.  since starting this regimen i have been releasing many more f the parasite.  I had a c-section.  

I've been told by some to maintain a daily regimen with food grade diatomaceous earth.
Also to try drinking alot of cranberry juice or even apple-cider vinegar mixed with apple juice or water.
on another web-site i found that parasites are quite common and long ago people knew better and took precautionary measures such as eating raw onions, raw garlic.
"These herbs are nature's gift to us. "  The herbs you need are:

* Black Walnut Green Tincture
    * Wormwood Tincture
    * Cloves Tincture
when used all at once you eliminate all stages of these parasites.
will any of these treatments help.  I am trying them all one by one.

I already am on my third and final day of treatment by mebendazole ... though i need to repeat this in 3 weeks as only adult parasites will die.  wont that give time for new eggs to be laid besides hatch?

I have begun a regimen of food grade DE ... 1 tbspn with water or juice.

help ... i skeeve myself and just wanna die!
try using a small strainer when you urinate, like the ones the dr gives you to catch kidney stones.  hopefully it's small enough to catch the worms. then they can analyze the worms to find out exactly what type of parasite it is.
I had worms come out in feces (that I saw when doing a cleanse), but also passed a "kidney stone" that may have actually been parasites too.
I've been feeling a bit more tired and weak than normal but i figured since i have a 3month old baby to take care of its normal, but last night went out to dinner and i used the bathroom and i just peed when i was about to flush i seen about 3 inch thin worm looked scary freaked me out took a closer look and asked my self did that really come out of me? is it possible? I've never seen anything like it and then noticed it had some white fluid tissue hanging on it so i figured then it must of came out of me, It grossed me out and now i'm scared of what it might be, I googled it as soon as I got home and it seems like it might be a pin worm but i'm not sure didn't now there was many parasites a human can have and they are all similar in symptoms so i'm a bit confused in what it might be and how I might of gotten it, please help :/
.i had this worm swimming in the toilet bowl twice..i was really scared if those worms were really from my urine..the worms i saw when i was about to flash were red in color..the first time i saw worms on the bowl, there were about 2 or 3..and it was only today that i saw another pair of worms..i was and am still hoping that those worms are from the water of the toilet bowl of the mall..i tried to ask my friends about urinal worms,if ever they exist..they said they havent encountered one..so i tried to surf the net to get a little help about it..

.the worms i saw were red..and i'm hoping that the mall just uses impure water in the toilet's flush..because both of my experiences of seeing small worms in the bowl happened in a single mall..and i haven't noticed this yet at home..
hye, im also hv the same condition. been 2 years having this troublesome small black worm about half inch in my urine. before this i dont know either its really comes out fromm my pee bcause the tile in my toilet r dark. since i move on to new house and the tile r white, oh gosh, scared me out when i see a pair of worm or leech like in my urine.i do complaint abd cramp and bloathing, and hard stool.. i dont know what to do. this time, when i see clearly enough thet worm, i really want to hv a treatment. but how? is it only mebendazole or metranidazole the only ttt for parasitic infetion? tq
no i haven't have any simtonms but when i pee i see little yellow ish white ish worms and my middle always itches what should i do???