Urology Expert Forum
Urology

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Urology

Octreoscan )2007:Mild increase in the vicinity of the gallbladder ...correlation with sonography is recommended to exclude underlying hepatic or gallbladder pathology. CT scan 2005: 1.4 mm cyst in left kidney w/ 5 mm calcification/ 9 mm cyst in right lobe of liver CT scan 2007: 9 mm segment 5 cyst. 1.8 cm cyst in kidney with small calcification-
CT scan February 2009: 1.8 cm cystic lesion within the upper pole of left kidney.  There is a 6mm calcification within the cystic area. There are several tiny obstructive calculi within each kidney.There is the occasional diverticulum within the sigmoid colon. There is an ovoid high attenuation structure adjacent to the uterus on the right. This may represent barium retained within the colonic diverticulum, a large phlebotith or calcified lymph node.
March 2009: Lithotripsy
CT scan March CT scan March 09 due to renal colic: 2.7 cm cyst with partially calcified rim involving left kidney. Trace ascites in the dependent pelvis. The right colon and transverse colon are prominent with caliber to 4.6 cm and transition at the splenic flexure.CT scan April 2009 with contrast:  CT scan April 09 with contrast:  Cortical cyst with calcifications in the left kidney is unchanged measuring 1.7 cm.  Posterior and lateral to the cyst there is a slightly hypodense lesion which is subcapsular measuring 1-0.4 cm. Tiny crescent shaped hypodense area in the left kidney. Tiny nonobstructing stones.symptom fatigue/edema/anemia/left flank pain, bone pain-urine tests negative
I do not understand your question.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
I was hoping you could tell me what all these CT scan results mean....the Doctors don't seem to be too concerned.
Missed your having answered. Thanks for your followup.
Your most recent scans differ somewhat in the size measurement of the left kidney cyst, but I suspect that this is not significant. You have several small kidney stones that are not causing any blockage. Looking at the comment about lithotripsy, I assume that you had a left lithotripsy and have a small hematoma (bruise) in the kidney. This is not uncommon and will resolve on it's own.
The measurement of your large intestine (colon) sounds as though you were constipated but since that is not mentoned again in the latest study, I assume that that has resolved.
The earlier reports mention a small liver cyst that is not observed in your later studies and may have been missed due to it's size and the way in which your CT scan was done.
The findings in your pelvis are not consistent and I think, therefore, not of any consequence. These studies were done using different techniques so they provide different information. The study with contrast is the best one to see soft tissue in your abdomen. The one without contrast is the best one for seeing stones.
The cyst with a calcified rim is probably fine given that it has not changed over the last few years, but I would ask that the radiologist or your urologist review this.
Putting all of this together, there is nothing beyond the cyst that needs attention. Certainly the small stones need to be observed for growth over time, but there is nothing in the report that needs immediate attention.
Hope that this answers your question.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.