Urology Community
UtI/back pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UtI/back pain

Saw my provider recently about chronic  back pain I've had for about two months. I feel a sharp pulling sensation or sharp jabbing pain if I bend over to the left of my spine about midway up my back. This is accompanied by a cramping pain that starts in my back on that side and migrates to my abdomen. The day after I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy( no lesions, cancer, mild esopheal inflammation to account for my heartburn, hiatal hernia) I saw my provider and she tested my urine and I had a UTI. PUt me on Levofloxacin which helped a bit. But I still have cramping.

I had only one other UTI in my life about thirty years ago. This one was preceded by none of the typical pain upon urination in the urethra. I did have some lower abdominal pain last fall upon urination--a bilateral kind of thing that made me think it was my ovaries. Got checked out gynecologically and found no problems. Even had a urinalysis  back then, three months ago, and nothing showed up.

Is this possibly some other kind of problem? Do UTI's cause muscle cramps?

thanks, rpj