Urology Community
Uti, bv? Need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Uti, bv? Need help

I am so confused n worried, any help would be great. Not sure if this is the right place 2post but here we go.
early Dec 09 i visited the dr with symptoms of needing 2 'wee' frequently n urgently, urine test carried out n treated 4 a urine infection. New year same thing back but this time small amount of blood wen urinating n pains in abdomen, again same test n diagnosis. Since then several urine tests carried out all showin signs of infection. Wa infection am not sure as that is all i was told. Prescribed more antibiotics. Early march i went 4 a std check up n it came back as positive 4 chlamydia. Last 1 was around year earlier n was negative, only person i have been with since then is current partner whose test came back negative, this has completely threw me n i cant get my head round this. Since then had 2urine tests at drs n today been told i have another urine infection n back on anti biotics. My dr is now sendin me 2 a specialist 4 scans n blood tests, i am so worried as 2what is wrong with me n real
... Really worried it could be something serious.
After lookin on internet i am now thinkin it could b bv as 'bad smell after sex' was a symptom i had. Would this show up on ne of the tests i have had done? Ne help would b much appreciated as i am losing sleep and not eating over this i am that worried. Thank you in advance x
Bacterial vaginosis is due to overgrowth of normal living bacteria of the vagina and is not serious. Your symptoms of blood in urine needs through investigation. When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the reply.
The blood was at the very end of urinatin, felling like a need to wee but js a small amount of blood with slight pain, this however was only a few occasions around new year when the dr diagnosed me with a urine infection possibly linked to kidneys.
I have now been tested for BV and this has come back positive and am now taking antibiotics for this. Would BV show up on any tests i had previously, chlamydia urine and urine samples at drs?? Could it interfere in any results and show false positive on chlamydia test as i truly believe i did not have this. Could the BV be what is causing my urine samples at the drs to show infection? I am hoping this is the case so i no longer need to go for the further scans and tests i am currently awaiting. Again Many Thanks for any responses