Urology Expert Forum
VERY LARGE LUMP ON LEFT TESTICLE
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

VERY LARGE LUMP ON LEFT TESTICLE

On my left testicle i have a very large growth attached.(about a third the size of my testicle.it is a little harder then my teste.I've had it for about two years and i'm wondering if it might be testicular cancer.I read somewhere that you need to know if it allows light to pass through through and it does.This a huge worry to me so please let me know what it could be.
Related Discussions

_

Dear Mike,
Scrotal masses are of concern to Urologists because of the possibility of cancer.  Testicular cancers are inside the testicle, not attached to it.  Those at increased risk include patients with testicular cancer in the past, history of undescended testicle, and age 20-40 years.  Whites are 10 X as likely to have testicular cancer than Blacks.  Testicular cancer is more common on the right.
What you describe is possibly a hydrocele (fluid around the testicle).  It can be acquired or congenital.  It is not cancer.  Because it is fluid, it readily transluminates with light.  It is benign and need only be surgically corrected if it bothers you, i.e. increasing size causing pain.  Another possibility is a spermatocele ( a fluid and sperm filled cyst) that is also a benign (non cancerous) entity.  As with all masses in the scrotum have your physician examine the abnormality to see if further evaluation is needed.  If it were testicular cancer, you would have typically presented with more symptoms by now.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available through our department at the Henry Ford Hospital  and its suburban locations (I-800-653-6568).
  HFHS-M.D. JHL
  * Keyword: hydrocele, testicular cancer, spermatocele

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank