Urology Community
Varicocele and lower back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Varicocele and lower back pain

I'm 26 years old , male. I have this vary big varicocele inside my left scrotum. At the same time, i'm having this lower back pain. May I know these two are related?
do you have legs pain,buttocks pain and nerve pain?

Did you test for stds?
My GP tested my urine, no std.. But I was given 7 days antibiotic course.. Actually for my back pain, I have done MRI already.. There was nothing wrong.. But I still experiencing this dragging pain inside my left scrotum and aching lower back pain whenever I stand or sit for about one hour.. That's why I'm wondering this varicocele is causing my back pain..
I dnt have leg pain, buttocks pain..
Did you test for herpes before ?

Thks for ur reply. I havnt checked herpes before. But i learned from internet, it's kind of sexually transmitted. I'm not sexually active, so i dnt think this might be the cause for me.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Varicocele causes an aching pain when you have been standing or sitting for an extended time and pressure builds up in the affected veins. But this causes pain in scrotal sacs and not the back unless and until there is compression of spinal nerves. Back pain can be associated with spinal causes of kidney or ureteric causes like infections.

In my opinion you should get it checked from a urologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Dear Dr J Singh,

Thks for your reply. I have already done MRI scan on my lower spine. The doctor said, everything is fine. May be it has something to do with my kidney.

I have another question regarding varicocele. I'm going to see urologist in 3 weeks time. But i want to find out more about more before I see him. Is that possible to have varicose veins  underneath the testis? Coz in my sac, this noodle like things are mostly under my testis.

PN
Actually I'm quite worried about the testicular cancer. I read advanced stage testicular cancer causes lower back pain coz it's pressing something(?) there. But from my self diagnosis, i dont have any lump or bump on the testis itself except those dilated veins.
I am experiencing same trouble. I have varicose on my left scrotum and I have severe dragging pain when I stand for sometime. I am experiencing severe leg pain on my both leg  and back ache.  

I did MRI scanning and there is nothing wrong with my spinal code.
Could any one please advice me ?.
Hello in fact I had a done a varicocele surgery, it was a day surgery and not much pain. After surgery the pain in the scrotum is relieved a bit, and there is less vericose veins in my left scrotum now. But the dragging heaviness in scrotal is not totally gone, cos i can touch there are still some dilated veins inside especially underneath my left testis. I'm trying to live with the pain now.
For back pain, I try to eat more fruits and vegetable to have regular motion passing and it really help to relieve a back pain. And also I go for swimming which is known to relieve back pain. Hope this help..
My son has got the same aching feeling in his testicals he has an hernia x

Leoross  
6 minutes
Recently i was cycling for almost 15 days .now i am having mild pain in my lower back my obdemen and left testicule....is that a sign of varicocele or anything else pls help...