Urology Community
Vas deferens swelling and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Vas deferens swelling and pain

hi am 26 years old, i used to masturbate frequently untill i started to feel weird feeling around my left testicle, i consulted my urologist who suggested an ultrasound, i was diagnosed with a mild varicocele on my left testicle while everything else as size of testes and other things were found normal, but other than that, whenever a foreplay occurs or anything arousing for a while, my vas deferens (or anything near it) swells and becomes quite painfull and causes discomfort (the left more than the right) is this related to the varicocele? does both affect fertility? should i be worried?
P.S: i am to cure my varicocele surgically in days.
thnx
Sorry forgot to add that whenever I feel that pain I feel like the need to relief the pain so I masturbate and indeed after like 5 min the pain dramatically decreases  till it's gone in about 10 to 15 minutes.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
A varicocele should not lead to swelling of the vas deferens and thus if the vas deferens is getting swollen, then there’s probably a different pathology playing a role in the same. You might be suffering from epididymo-orchitis and thus need an evaluation for the same. However, apart from the local pain & tenderness, there’s usually associated fever also. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Hi I am 17 years old and for a couple of months i have been having on an off pain in my right vas defren and it feels swollen and larger then the left one. The pain feels like it is due to pressure building up and i feel like the only way the pain goes away is when i ejaculate. Is this a varicole or something else?
Any answers will be greatly Appreciated

I am living with the same problem from last 12 years, I had a varicocele surgery on both sides and results in shrinkage of testicles but problem exists. I have to masturbate to relax the swollen veins.

I have not been diagnosed and if you have been diagnosed and been treated, Any reply shall be highly appreciated.

***@****