Urology Community
Veins on scrotom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Veins on scrotom

hey, cheers for providing loads of information for worriers like myself.
I have a varicocele and are trying to get up the courage to go to the doctor's to get it removed, after reading about it i'm not so worried about it but more that a large number of veins on the outside of the scrotom and penis (on the same side as the varicocele) are getting larger. i presumed this was part of the varicocele until i looked on forums and nobody describes these symptoms. does anyone know what this is???
cheers

These external veins may be normal and no cause to worry. However, you may get this examined just to make sure that this ok. You must also not apprehensive to go to the doctor to get this examined and treated.

Hope this helped. let me know if you may need more help.
hey doctor,
thankyou for getting back to me.

since speaking to you i got the courage to go to the doctors and have since had an ultrasound revealing a varicocele on the left, and a few small cyst's on the right side, and have an appointment to see a urologist in 2 months time to see about getting it sorted.

However, the veins on the outside of the scrotum and the penis are getting much more visible nearly everyday, veins that before i didn't know were there are now quite noticable.  It's quite painfull throughout the day so i have been prescribed co-codamol 30/500, 2 tablets 4 times a day.

My GP hasn't been too much help, he just say's that all the veins in this area are connected so he would have though it should be alright after treatment, although when he told me he admitted he didn't really know much about varicocele's and read me information out of a small handbook form a draw on his desk, about wearing supportive underwear and don't do too much exercise or it will be more painful, so i came away with no real answers.

He say's i just have to wait to see a urologist but the next available appointment with any on his list is 2 months away!

are the veins likely to sort themselves out after the varicocele treatment? or will they stay the same or continue to get worse.

Also, i previously didn't mention that i have had varicocele embolization on the right side 4 years ago, could this be a cause from that?
sorry, one more question, the GP didn't mention the cyst's and i forgot to ask as i was quite nervous so wasn't thinking straight, is this something to worry about? i would guess not as he didn't mention it at all, but i'm quite worried as i don't know what they are? so it's just another thing scaring me!

thankyou for your time.
its very much appreciated.
Hi,  read about your condition with interest becasuse i have very similar problem with veins on scrotum/penis worsening.. and i also have a varicocele.. and yeah there's hardly any info out there for this? my veins are getting worse daily too... i went and seen Urologist but he didn't really know why and suggested i have Doppler Flow Test.. realting to blood flow in and out of penis... but that has nothing to do with varicocele and i feel its directly related to it because the vein problem started when i developed the varicocele ... im at a bit of a loss and worried with rapid progression of it.. so any info you may have or may have found out  would be greatly appreciated