Urology Expert Forum
Very Painful Epididymal Cyst

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Very Painful Epididymal Cyst

I've had intense pain in my testicals for over 6 months. I've had several ultrasounds, which show 2 very small cysts and some hydroceles. The problem is that none of the urologists I've seen believe that the cysts or hydroceles can be causing such pain. Several times I've been treated like a druggy just looking for painkillers, which is SO annoying and insulting. I finally found a general men's health practitioner who seems to be sympathetic to my situation. But, all he's been doing is giving me pain killers and waiting to see if anything gets bigger. Oh, and every visit is more like a visit to the shrink with his questions about how I'm handling "stress" etc. He's even wanting me to take anti-depressants to help manage the pain. I'm sick of the whole thing and want it resolved. I'm ready to insist on surgery. How common IS pain associated with this? Everything I've read keeps saying that epiditymal cysts and hydroceles are not commonly painful. But, there must be a percentage of us that have extreme pain with this sort of thing.
Tags: Cyst, cysts
It is uncommon for epididymal cysts or hydroceles to cause such pain.  Certainly it is possible that it can lead to compression on a nerve - leading to discomfort.

You can consider another urological opinion to discuss removing the lesions - although there is no guarantee that surgery will resolve the symptoms.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0
0