Urology Expert Forum
Very frustrated about prostate problem!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Very frustrated about prostate problem!!

I am a 33 yr old healthy male who ran into a wierd situation last year. Since then its become a nightmare.

Some background: March 2008 I noticed some blood in my semen, so I rushed to my PCP and he ran a blood and urine test. The PSA was 2.9 so he said lets run it again in 6 weeks. 6 weeks later (May 2008) it was 2.7 so he sent me to a Urologist. The Urologist did a DRE and said he felt the left side of the prostate slightly more firm, so he did a Biopsy. He took many samples and was very thorough in getting enough samples from the left side and apex of the gland. Everything was normal, so I figured this is great! He said see you in a year for a PSA and DRE.

So, everything was going along fine, but in November 2008 for about 2 weeks I felt some urinary hesitancy and frequent urge to urinate. I called the Urologist and he said, dont worry, give it a couple weeks and it will resolve itself. So, I did and it did resolve. Begining of January 2009, it hapened again, so I waited and it got better.

I never had these problems prior to that biopsy and Im fearful this will keep hapening on and off. Its a horrible feeling to deal with and also at my age. I have done tons of research online, but its not very helpful because my age doesnt fall into any of the groups they mention in the articles.

What do you think?