Urology Expert Forum
Very saggy scrotum

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Very saggy scrotum
Is there anything that can be done, its not a medical problem as much as an appearance and inconveneance problem. My scrotum hangs down almost 6 inches away from my body. I have to constantly pull them up in my underware when sitting and sometimes fall out the leg. I keep repositioning them when trying to sleep also.They have been that way since my preteens and am tired of it. If ther is something that can be done who would you recomend to see in the indianapolis area?
There can be some patient variation as to where and how far the scrotum hangs from the body.  

Obtaining scrotal support underwear can help with the discomfort.  

If the symptoms continue, cosmetic surgery options can be considered.  This can be discussed with a urologist or plastic surgeon.  

I am not from the Indianapolis area and thus cannot recommend a specific surgeon.  I suggest starting at a major academic medical center.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_