Urology Expert Forum
Vibration in Groin area
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vibration in Groin area

Hi - I am 34 yrs old and was resently diagnosed with a UTI and tested for Chlamydia because of unprotected oral (not vaginal).  I have been taking CIPRO which has cleared up the discharge with no problems.  The CIPRO has been rough on my system, diarrea (diarrhea), etc... I have also been VERY ANXIOUS about this and fear somthing else may be wrong.  I keep reading about Prostate problems and Herpes??  The internet can give far too much info.  The problem I am having is that on occasion (lasting maybe 10-15 seconds), it feels like a "vibration" at the base of my penis???

A few years ago, I had an itching feeling on and under my scrotum (upper-inner thighs)which occurred after what I believed was sweating and dampness down there and regular jock itch cream cured it pretty quickly.  HOW MUCH DAMAGE CAN ANXIETY CAUSE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO????  

The vibration seems to go away when I'm moving around and more prevalant when I am sitting (like I do for hours at work)...I am urinating just fine with no discomfort, discoloration...

I did do a no-no and masturbated a couple times during the CIPRO treatment.  Did I aggravate anything??

Thanks

Freaked OUT

Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without examination.  Cipro is normally pretty good in the treatment of prostatitis, gonorrhea and various types of UTI.

If there is evidence of chlamydia, then you may want to add on doxycycline or azithromycin to the antibiotic regimen.

Other possibilities can be a fungal infection or dermatitis - if that is the case, various anti-fungal or steroid creams can help.  

If there is a concern about prostatitis, you can obtain a digital rectal exam and send off any prostatic fluid for analysis and culture.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
41 Comments
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Hello,

i have experienced a similar vibration there just the last day and a bit. I am curious whether any reason was given for it.

thanks
curiousD
Blank
A related discussion, Vibration in the Groin Area was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker