Vibration sensation
by Little feet, Sep 04, 2007
I have been experiencing a vibration sensation in my anus. Should I have this checked or will it go away?
Related Discussions
Member Comments (65)
by tlh777, Sep 04, 2007
it will probably go away but you should get checked to find out what it is.
by usmc5568, Mar 13, 2008
hi  I have had the same sensation for the last 3 weeks..  I was wondering if you had any info on what is going on?
by Vanessa LacuestaBlank, Mar 13, 2008

This may be a nerve related symptom.

I just have a few questions:

What are the activities or events that surround the onset of your condition?

Have you been engaged in some activities or events lately that could have contributed to your symptom (eg new set of exercises)?

Any previous history of instrumentaton or surgery?

Any history of trauma or injury to the area?

Have you had frequent urinary tract infections?

Any problems with sexual function or response?

Do keep us posted with your answers.

by usmc5568, Mar 31, 2008
The only Med history I have had is High Iron.  They thought it was Hemochromotosis but found i didnt have the markers for that.  I have done Phlebotomys to lower the Iron.  I have had no other surgery or anything.  No problems with sexual response. No trauma..

I have been having headaches and my anxeity hase gone way up..  I have never been bothered by Anxeity and now it is high..  The vibrations feel almost like a gushing or buzzing while walking or when i tap my back or the chair im sitting in.  

Very wierd to say the least..  
by Morgannon, Mar 31, 2008
This is something I've experienced in both my anus and my penis.  Almost like it's in my prostate.

Dr. Vanessa, in case you read this, there are a TON of posts on the men's health forum under a subject called "buzzing penis".  The symptoms for all of these men range the gamut, but they all have one thing in common - a feeling almost like a cell phone on vibrate is going off somewhere in their penises or anuses, or between.  Very unusual to say the least.  We keep hearing it may have something to do with pudendal nerve entrapment, but we're looking for a doc's take on this.

by usmc5568, Apr 15, 2008
I guess Dr. Vanessa left us hanging!!
by Danger13, Aug 25, 2008
I have now had, for about 2 weeks, the same exact sensation, a vibrating sensation that I could only describe as being in my ***. Very weird. I could feel it when walking down the street, or I could manipulate it by tapping at the base of my back, or even on the area between my penis and anus. I thought, "this is just one of these weird things the body sometimes does", but it is not going away.

I have been getting more nervous about it, because I've started to also notice that my testicles feel slightly numb as well, and I'm feeling like this must be connected.

Today, I decided to do some self examination, as awful as it may seem, and it's hard with a mirror in the bathroom and having to get into a position where I could see my anus. Sorry if this is graphic, but I need to try and explain this.... Anyway, I noticed at the edge of the anus, kind of half in, half out, a small red 'thing'. I can only describe it as that it looks like a woman's clitoris. It's on the anus at the part closest to my scrotum, so the front side, not the back side. When I gently touched it, it made the vibrating sensation. Just to be sure, I would continue to touch it, very gently, and at intervals and rhythms that I could be sure would correspond with the vibrating, and it largely did.

So, this is why I think this thing may be related. I don't know if it is a hemoroid, or what. I have never examined my anus before, so I don't know if this is just a part of it, and I didn't know, or what?

Needless to say, it's a really embarrassing thing to ask the doctor about, but I realize that I could be dealing with something serious, and I had better go. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before....

by ajib, Dec 28, 2008
I have been experiencing this vibration from my anus for 5 days now. I don't understand why this is happening. I am on medication for hyperthyroidism and I don't know if it has anything to do with that.
by car1486, Apr 05, 2010
i have had this same sensation about a year and half ago, and i went to two doctors that looked at me like i was out of my mind or on drugs. they both had never heard of such a thing and my normal physician said that i didn't need a rectum check and they both were able to look at the area of my scrotum( which is where i get the sensation from) and around my anal and were like ... are you sure it's not in your head? NO ! i replied. My balls ! well i did go away until just recently I've been under a lot of stress and it returned. could this be stress related. or some kind of urinary infection.