Urology Expert Forum
Voiding Dysfunction, Urinary Frequency , Vulvodynia and Interstitial Cy...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Voiding Dysfunction, Urinary Frequency , Vulvodynia and Interstitial Cystitis

I have been diagnosed with voiding dysfunction, urinary frequency, vulvodynia and IC.  All levels are severe.  

Initially, I was diagnosed with post-traumatic urethritis, secondary to scarring when I was injured from an inflated foley catheter being ripped out of me while I was standing up, by an RN.  Can you even imagine that happening.  I had several weeks of UTI's that wouldn't go away, even with antiobiotics.  I had a pelvic ultrasound done on me that showed a

I've had 18 months of voiding problems, pain, spasms, frequency, some urgency recently, and vulvodynia.  I never had any of this prior to the foley being forcibly ripped out of me.  

So, my question is...Can trauma to the urethra, pelvic floor and bladder cause voiding dysfunctions, pelvic floor dysfunctions, urinary frequency and ultimately cause IC.  I know that there are theories as to the causes of IC, but I'd like to know about the causes of the other issues I'm having, like the voiding dysfunction and the pelvic floor dysfunction.  

I've had several sessions of pelvic-floor therapy and they help for awhile.  I'm on numerous medications, still after all this time, and was wondering what you think my prognosis is?

Thanks for your time and help Doctor.

V.J.