Urology Community
Weak stream, high frequency/urge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Weak stream, high frequency/urge

I'm a 25 year old male, and this problem started ~12-13 years ago.  I have a very weak stream of urine when I go.  I also only urinate ~200 mL when I do urinate.  On average, I'd say I have to go about 7 or 8 times a day, but I've learned to manage by forcing myself before the high urgency sets in.  Sometimes there is a split stream, and other times not.  I used to have an intense, crippling pain on my right side just above the hip bone, and this would happen approximately every 6 months and last for 15 minutes or so.  I went to the hospital after one, they did an x-ray and didn't find anything.  I'd also sometimes have a burning sensation when urinating, but that's gone away as well.  I did go to a general physician once, and he ruled out infection, but didn't pursue it further.

I've always been afraid to have it checked out by a doctor, and I've become quite adept at managing this.  But I'm at a point now where I just want to get it resolved, but I want to have an idea of what could be wrong before I visit a doctor again.  As much as I've grown, the idea of seeing a doctor about this still scares me, and I think a bit of information would help ease my fears.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
These symptoms can be due to obstruction due to enlarged prostate due to benign prostatic hypertrophy (often called BPH) or infection of the prostate( prostatitis), any blockage in the flow of urine like any scar tissue, injury (as in a car wreck or bad fall), blood clots, infection, tumors in the pelvic region, and stones, infection or due to disruption of the delicate and complex system of nerves that connects the urinary tract with the brain and the nervous system.

I suggest you an immediate urologist’s evaluation to check out these possibilities and confirm the diagnosis after investigations.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.