Urology Community
Weak stream, high frequency/urge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weak stream, high frequency/urge

Hello,

I'm a 25 year old male, and this problem started ~12-13 years ago.  I have a very weak stream of urine when I go.  I also only urinate ~200 mL when I do urinate.  On average, I'd say I have to go about 7 or 8 times a day, but I've learned to manage by forcing myself before the high urgency sets in.  Sometimes there is a split stream, and other times not.  I used to have an intense, crippling pain on my right side just above the hip bone, and this would happen approximately every 6 months and last for 15 minutes or so.  I went to the hospital after one, they did an x-ray and didn't find anything.  I'd also sometimes have a burning sensation when urinating, but that's gone away as well.  I did go to a general physician once, and he ruled out infection, but didn't pursue it further.

I've always been afraid to have it checked out by a doctor, and I've become quite adept at managing this.  But I'm at a point now where I just want to get it resolved, but I want to have an idea of what could be wrong before I visit a doctor again.  As much as I've grown, the idea of seeing a doctor about this still scares me, and I think a bit of information would help ease my fears.