Urology Expert Forum
Weird feeling in testicles

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Weird feeling in testicles

4 months ago, I was sitting at a computer and began having what I can only describe as a wierd feeling in my testicles. Sometimes slightly painful, othertimes almost tender and sesitive. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. I did many self exams and couldn't find anything (though I did feel some veins). I finally found what I thought was sore spot in my right groin where the pelvis & thigh meets. After about two weeks, I went to my doctor. He felt my testicles, found no lumps or anything out of the ordinary. He didn't think that I had anything else but a groin pull and the weird feeling went away a few days later without any treatment. About 5 days ago, laying in bed, the weird feeling returned out of nowhere. I did a self exam again and found no lumps to speak of, nothing feels swollen or shrinking, there is no sense of pulling or receding, just a very slight amount of fleeting pain around the top of my right testicle (might be around the spermatic cord or veins) that lasts for a second or two maybe twice a day and the weird sensastion that is very difficult to describe. It's almost like my testicles have just become a bit more sensitive.  Sometimes there is a bit of pain in the left testicle but again, it's brief and almost non-existant. At times I wonder if it is even there at all and I am just focusing on my area waiting for it to get worse.  It doesn't get worse, but it doesn't appear to go away either. There is sometimes a bit of slight strain in my right hamstring and oddly enough, I have just healed from a pulled muscle in my right knee not a week earlier where I was having a similar sensation of it being extra senstive (only that was far more severe).
I do work out a bit and perhaps I simply re-injured myself and didn't feel anything until hours later. The only thing different this time is that the sore spot on my groin is not as severe but I just want to know if anyone has felt or heard anything like this before. I can honstley say at this moment my fear and worrying over this is far worse then the actual pain itself. I am feeling as though I am turning into a hypocondirac as I have gone to the doctor many times before for other things only to find they were nothing.  But it is difficult for me to do nothing even though I have something just like this before. It is far more debilitating mentally at this point then it is physically. This is very strange. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tags: groin, Pain
A groin strain is always a possibility.  Another consideration would be a groin hernia.  To test this, a hernia test would have to be done by your physician.  

Imaging tests to consider would be a pelvic CT scan or groin ultrasound.

If the imaging tests are negative, but the pain continues, you may want to consider physical therapy or a physiatry consult to evaluate the ligaments and muscles in the area.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
0
0
I also have the same exact feeling, it doesn't hurt but its there. I see you posted awhile ago and I was wondering if you figured anything out?
Im 16 and i've been experiencing exactly what you've described...like it i've also checked myself numerous times to find nothing out of the ordinary, as with 4 different doctors.  Its extremely debilitating mentally more then anything.  For me, it comes and goess...