Urology Expert Forum
Weird type of growth on left testical

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Weird type of growth on left testical

I am 17 years of age.  About a year ago I felt somthing which is in a way connected to my left tesutcal.  I thought it may go away so just forgot about it.  It doesn't cause me any pain or discomfort in anway.
  When I fel it it feels a little like lots of veins or bubbles collected together.  It joins my left testical and I can feel it goes quite far back in.  You can squeze the little clump and it spreads out a little then come back togther.

_
=============
Thanks A Green for your question.
As you can imagine it is very difficult to make diagnosis over the internet without an examination of the problem area.  To be sure you must see a doctor.
Here is some info. on the varicocele Doug is talking about.
Varicose veins of the testicular vessels is called a varicocele and has been quoted to be present in as many as 10% of men.  It  usually does not cause pain but can and is a  cause of infertility in men desiring a family.  Some men do have repair for pain but most urologist will not guarantee pain relief after surgery.   The surgery is same day discharge (outpatient) and may take a week or so to get back to light activity.  Ibuprofen does the trick but can contribute to stomach ulcers. Try taking ibuprofen (over the counter Advil/ Motrin/generic when the pain is more noticeable.  If this does not suit you, Dr. Caleb Fleming at our West Bloomfield campus does the most