Urology Expert Forum
What in the world is wrong with me?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

What in the world is wrong with me?

Hello Doctor, I posted here several days ago and need more advice.  I am going to the doctor next week.  I ahve been to two GP's and one URO.  I have burning type pain in my penis (feels like uretha).  I have no STDs and DRE and PSA was fine.  It is not a constant pain, but has been regular this week.  I have noticed that when it is the worst my throat feels like it is burning too like acid reflux.  I have been diagnosed with acid reflux in the past.  I also have a dull ache in the area betwee my testicals and rectum.  It is no where near as regular as the burning in the penis.  It is not unbearable , but unpleasant.  I am beginning to believe that the problem with my throat is related as they seem to increase at the same time.  Is this possible?  You mentioned last time that the problems on my lower half could be neuro in nature.  I just need some advise as to whether or not the acid thing could be related.   Thanks for your time.
I have not heard of such a relationship (acid reflux and urological symptoms). In an attempt to look at all possibilities, could this be related to any medicine that you are taking (over the counter or otherwise) that you may have started  to treat either problem? Try eliminating these one by one and note if there is a change in your other symptoms.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.