What is normal for a UTI exam?
The other day, I went to a urologist about a UTI.  I knew I had one, I've had them before, and I had all the signs (urgency, burning, blood-tinged urine).  The doctor made me uncomfortable by having me pull my shirt all the way up, exposing my breasts so that he could listen to my heart.  My shirt was quite thin.  I pulled it up enough for him to reach his hand up and listen, but he told me, "no, higher."  I haven't had to do that before.  When I gave a urine sample, there were no wipes to clean the area and no instructions about voiding a little into the toilet, as I have always seen before.  When I met with the doctor, he told me to undress from the waist down.  He did have a nurse come in when he returned and he inserted a cath.  It's been about 5 or so years since I've had a UTI, but the only time a doctor ever did a cath for diagnosing a UTI was when I had just given birth the day before.  So, after he got my "sample," he put his finger in my vagina.  He never told me he was going to do that.  Is this normal??  I felt VERY uncomfortable.  He also prescribed me a medication that is class C for pregnancy when I told him that I had tried to conceive that month and was likely pregnant.  Thankfully, I looked it up before I took it!
I can understand your concern and agony. Normally, a chest or cardiac examination is not required in the case of a UTI. Moreover, a midstream urine sample is enough for diagnosing a UTI and catheterization is not required. A per vaginal examination is also not required and in fact can be hazardous and lead to a miscarriage if a female is pregnant. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.