Urology Community
What is the cause of bladder wall thickening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

My wife was diagnosed with early stage bladder cancer. She had the first dose of BCG but had major infection within 72 hours that took 2 weeks of antibiotics to clear up. She was almost ready for the second dose but had back pain and nausea developing. This turned out to be onset of kidney failure due to the ureters (tubes betwen kidney and bladder) getting blocked. Had a CT scan that showed fairly uniform bladder wall thickening all around the bladder with extra thickening towards the base. Had kidney drains and stents put in. Kidneys now ok.

What caused the bladder wall to thicken? Was it a reaction to the BCG? What is best way forward?
I am a 26 year old man who have according to ultrasound RGU/MCU bladder wall thickening up to 3.2 cm and normal bladder volume. small blood in urinalysis .Doctor Said You Used by Nelcath Catheter 16 3 yrs  sign and symptome of frequency dysuria or hematuria. playing soccor and physically active. wrking as a chemist.What might be the problem?