Urology Community
What is the logical next step?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

What is the logical next step?

Good Day. I am seeking advice on the logical next course of action concerning discomfort in what feels to me to be the prostate. I have a bit of a track record concerning uriological issues. I am 28 y/o and suffer from Generalized Anxeity Disorder I have used masterbation (masturbation) as a way of takeing the edge off since i was about 11 or so. I probably average somewhere between 10 - 15 sessions a week. I have had epidydamitis, I have a vericocele as a result. During this terrible ordeal I was tested for testicular cancer, via ultrasound and blood work w/negative findings, I had a normal PSA, and a kidney and bladder ultrasound which was also normal this was about 1.5 yrs ago since then I started to experience this discomfort when I am seated and when I walk around. I went to my Primary Care doctor and he conducted a DRE and a Massage that led to a Urinalysis which yielded white blood cells and a Diagnosis of Prostatitis I was put on antibiotics for a month which I took. The problem didn't resolve so I went back and the Dr. Did another DRE. and looked for hemmroids and such with no abnormalities. He said that the pain was more than likely a symptom of stress. Because when I took my Klonapin for my anxiety the symptoms would go away. so he wrote a Rx for 1 month of klonapin and sent me on my way. Well its back! The discomforts is best described as if I am walking around with a golf ball in my rectum, I constantly feel like I have to pass gas and most of the time I do just that. I have for the past couple of years had a problem with dribbling after urination always figured this was due to my stress management practices described earlier. I am trying to decide if given my age, my history, my family history ( which consists of no cancer in any first degree family members, however prostate & kidney cancer in second degree family) i am worried abot prostate cancer which as young as I am seems a bit absurd but I have heard horror stories about normal DRE's and Abnormal PSA's. I am also concernd that years of masterbation (masturbation) may have caught up with me. Do you think I should  see a Urologist or a Psychiatrist.
Tags: what, Pain, symptom
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I understand that you are deeply concerned about this. The prostatitis could have been brought about by constant manipulation of the area. Also, if you have been sexually active, this could have contributed to the condition. Your symptoms suggest that this appears to be a  prostate problem. I suggest that you follow up with a urologist regarding this. You may need a complete set of antibiotic therapy as this may be leading to chronic prostatitis.

This dos not sound like cancer. Firstly,you are young and your PSA levels are within normal.