Urology Community
What's causing the pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

What's causing the pain?

I posted a question before about kidney stones that I have.  I have 2 stones in my left kidney one 5mm and the other 2mm.  I haven't had any problems with them in about a month and then last night out of no where I start having left sided flank pain and passing a lot of blood in my urine.  I ended up going to the hospital for the pain.  They did another CT scan and told me that the stones had not moved at all from the last CT.  They gave me a shot of Torodol and sent me home.  I was miserable for the rest of the night.  How is it possible to have that much pain and blood in my urine if the stones are still in my kidney and have not moved?
could you have a kidney infection? I got recurrent kidney infections in my second pregnancy and the pain would just start out of nowhere and get intense really fast. And I remember my doctor thinking I could possibly have kidney stones so maybe its related?
Not a kidney infection I saw the urologist a couple of days later and she is going to do and IVP because you can see the stones on the CT but not on regular Xray she thinks maybe uric acid stones.  I am just so frustrated with this it's been happening over and over for about 3 months now.